I

-being
-born in Taipei, Taiwan
-was in Taiching, Taiwan
-currently in Edinburgh, Scotland
-Architecture
-Art, Space+Nature

Friday 31 May 2019

My Bed Is An Island

In city, human trap plants to be with them. 
In the woods, I was trapped among the plants. I was isolated and even alienated, but the plants were with me. I want to make them my companions. I want to touch them, the softness of them.
我們將植物困於城市之中。
在這廣大的樹林之中,我被這些無盡的樹木及植披所囚禁,我獨自佇立於此地,同時我的心也是無比地疏離,但這些植物依然在我身旁。我渴望他們伴我身旁,同時也期望他們的柔軟可以拯救我的不完整與破碎,或只是掩蓋也好。

我們囚禁了植物,而植物也囚禁了我們。



My bed after others engaging in




Plants from the woods and part of me

My bed is an island
/
In life,
We are all lost
We are all trapped
We are all alone

In city, we trap plants
In landscape, we are trapped by plants

We trap plants and plants trap us


 

More pics of lovely people in my beds:
https://www.facebook.com/pingpingpingchen/media_set?set=a.10205831598506793&type=3


The work is part of the group exhibition "REMNANTS" of Art, Space+Nature postgraduate students in Patiothall Gallery, Edinburgh.
The students have responded to the Black Wood of Rannoch and surrounding landscape in Highland Pershire.

No comments:

Post a Comment