I

-being
-born in Taipei, Taiwan
-was in Taiching, Taiwan
-currently in Edinburgh, Scotland
-Architecture
-Art, Space+Nature

Friday 30 November 2018

Walking On Nothing: 95064 Steps, 61300 Metres



This work is my first respond to the eight-day trip in Lewis & Harris in October. And its about my feelings on the island, which I felt NOTHING. 
Its not hate or love, just nothing.
-
此件作品是源自十月時在Lewis & Harris島上八天的旅行經驗,一段關於無法感受當地的經歷,並非喜愛或是討厭。
多數時候我什麼也感受不到。



This work is divided into two parts, one is my notes/diaries from the island, and the second part comprises of 8 pieces of fabric which represent my 8 day trip on the island respectively. 
When I was on the island, I could not sense anything. I felt nothing about this island. And one day I started to walk, finally my emotion was back. It's not happy or sad, just something. Walking is meditative to me, so is needlework. After the trip my initial thought was to continue this meditation by stitching my steps from each day on the island.
-
在島上時,因為不知到底可以做些什麼,所以就開始寫了一些雜記,並在回來後將其整理成此件作品的第一部份,可說是日記,也可說是一些情緒的碎片。
在島上唯一感受到有些微情緒起伏之時即是某天在一個過份美麗的海灘但卻什麼也感受不到之時,我開始走路,沒有想法以及目的地邁開每一步伐,此時我終於感受些微的自己,不是快樂、悲傷或是憤怒,只是感覺深處的某個自己又出現了。
回到城市後,最初的想法只是希望延續在島上如冥想般地體驗,以此構成了作品的第二部分,由分別代表每日旅程的八塊布料所組成的,每一針即代表我在島上的每一步伐,走路以及針線活對我來說都是平凡卻使人沉靜的,以縫針的方式去延續同時回想這段旅程。


-
walking on nothing
95064 steps, 61300 metres
lewis and harris
-
04/10/18
5125 steps, 3300 metres
|
Everyday is a practice
-> I want to and not to fit in.

Long documentary
-classmate from everywhere
-landscape in Scotland
-Scottish contemporary music
-
05/10/18
13585 steps, 8600 metres
|
Surreal-Dream
#logic of language
I'm limited
me, not me
-
06/10/18
12876 steps, 8100 metres
|
It's beautiful but it's not somewhere I belong to.
異殖/植/質

the metaphor of the ocean
"We all know that the big city is a clamorous sea, and it has been said countless times,
in the heart of night in Paris, one hears the ceaseless murmur of flood and tide."
(Bachelard, 1964)
-
07/10/18
2594 steps, 1600 metres
|
the storm is coming,
How to Survive?
(survive, moss, calm)
-
08/10/18
28216 steps, 17400 metres
|
SLOW
slow, slow, slow
-
9/10/18
19406 steps, 13000 metres
|
the day I start to give up

Hell is other ppl/他人即地獄
-Sartre
Living is hell/身在地獄
HYUKOH-SkyWorld
-
10/10/18
6119 steps, 4300 metres
|
keep calm
be normal, friendly, talkative(chattable)
-
11/10/18
7143 steps, 5000 metres
|
I cannot feel my foot anymore
一切彷彿靜止,卻又同時活著
-
Photography is a kind of celebrating the landscape there,
but I don't want to.



No comments:

Post a Comment